The Jersey Shore Animal Center Loves Volunteers!
September 28th 2013
The Jersey Shore Animal Center is in need of volunteers who want to take potential adopters around the building and help find the right animal for them. These Tour Guides are high valued here at the shelter. Being a tour guide you start the process of adoption for the many animals lives here at the Jersey Shore Animal Center.
If you are interested in volunteering with the animals at the Jersey Shore Animal Center fill out the volunteer application and submit, or you can stop by the shelter to pick one up. Please read carefully before filling out the application.
If you have time in your heart & schedule, take a look at some of the areas that we need help with. If interested in more than one area please check all of the boxes that apply.
Areas of Volunteering
- Dog Walking – including the agility pen
- Socializing with the adult cats
- Giving tours to the public
- Thrift Shop
- Off site events
- You must be at least 16 years of age (our shelter insurance does not cover anyone under 16)
- Be able to commit at least 2 hours a week(or more if you are able)
- Be able to volunteer on a scheduled basis (this way we are never short of volunteer coverage for tours, dog walking or fundraisers)
With the New Volunteer Program now in place there have been several changes made to insure that our animals will be in the proper hands.
- Once the application has been filled out and submitted, be prepared for a brief 5-10 minute telephone interview.
- Once the interview has been completed and reviewed, you will be asked to attend a general orientation. Date and time will be given.
- New volunteer orientations will be on a case by case basis.
- Only AFTER you have completed the orientation will you be able to come to volunteer at the JSAC. Please be aware that seating in our conference room is limited, therefore we will only be able to accommodate 10 registrants during any orientation session.
- Please do not be offended if the JSAC cannot use your services at the moment. We have many volunteers with us already and many more apply every day. When an opening becomes available we will contact you.
Those persons interested in dog walking must attend an additional Dog Walking Orientation in addition to the General Orientation.
Contact information for our volunteer program:
(p) 732-920-1600 x 208