Volunteers MUST BE 16 years of age or older to volunteer at the JSAC
Hours for Volunteering in the shelter are 1-4pm every day of the week
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Jersey Shore Animal Center. Due to the increased interest in our volunteer program, we have a few requirements that must be followed.
- You must volunteer a minimum of 2 hours per week and be prepared for a brief 5-10 minute phone interview before orientation.
- You must be 16 years of age or older.
- You MUST contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 732-920-1600 x 208 to confirm your attendance at the general orientation.
- If you are not pre-registered, your name will not be on the pre-printed attendance sign in sheet and you will not be able to attend.
- If you are registered, please do not bring friends or family members. Our conference room has limited table seating and your guest will be asked to leave.
- Those persons interested in Dog Walking must attend an additional dog walking orientation. Please contact the volunteer coordinator after you have completed your general orientation to find out the next scheduled date for dog walking class.
The Jersey Shore Animal Center reserves the right to refuse and/or terminateany volunteer for any reason.
Please click here
to download and print our application.