"There is HOPE for those who enter here"
Established in 1981
A private, 501C-3 non-profit
The mission of the Jersey Shore Animal Center is to rescue and care for unwanted, abused, abandoned and sick animals. Our goal is to adopt these special animals to caring and loving forever homes they so richly deserve.
The Jersey Shore Animal Center strives to be a leader in pet adoptions in Ocean, Monmouth and surrounding counties. We also:
• Advocate for responsible spay/neuter practices & annual vet care
• Help educate families about pet ownership
• Work to reunite lost pets with their owners
• Provide pet therapy to residents of area nursing homes
• Instruct school children in choosing the right pet for their home
• Support other animals welfare organizations and rescues
• Work to ensure that animal abuse and cruelty are investigated
Endeavor to make the JSAC a place of refuge, safety, love and kindness for animals awaiting adoption.
We receive no federal, state or county funding and we rely on private donors to support our programs and services. The Jersey Shore Animal Center is not affiliated with, nor a partner with any other shelter. We do not receive funds from the Humane Society of the United States, The ASPCA, the New Jersey SPCA or the Associated Humane Society.
The Jersey Shore Animal Center is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and employs 20 full and part time personnel. The Jersey Shore Animal Center has an active and dedicated group of more than 100 volunteers who continue to make our shelter a success.
The Jersey Shore Animal Center provides 24/7, 365 day animal control services to the Township of Brick and the Borough of Mantoloking.